Thursday 26 July 2007

Entertainments : )

7/18
Travis Concert at Clutch Cargo, Pontiac, Michigan.




First thing I heard at the entrance was "... but the grass is always greener on the other side, neighbors got a new car that you wanna drive..." and I was naturally high, or maybe it was that booze driving on the way. (Is my blog being monitored by state troopers? Me no speak English, me type only, me love Bushy.)

7/19
Concert at Nick & Jimmy's.


Friend/Colleague/one of the bosses of mine took me there to listen to his friend play. "He shoot the sheriff" was the only song I've heard of, but it was a great night because 1) it was live music, 2) they had great pizza, 3) there were drunken college girls at the bar and I had my stealth camera. [Photos in private collection album]

7/20
VIP tickets to Gin Blossoms Concert by the Promenade Park, followed by Voodoo Libido's performing at Tony Packo's Cafe.


Those two were only imaginary concerts because someone dropped the ball at the last minute and we were too late to make it on time. How can you miss out on your dad's concert, senor JR? So instead of trying the M.O.A.D. (Mother of All Dogs) at Packo's cafe, we headed to Mickey Finns Pub and listened to some Indie rock by The Hat Company and Homeville Circle. Apparently, Tony Packo is a son of a Hungarian immigrant and he came up with the idea of a Hungarian hot dog. There was no such thing as a Hungarian hot dog back in Hungary, but it drove the Americans crazy with the chili sauce which I have yet to try. I wonder when Chinese will come up with a cheap, convenient food product that could have a name of its own and be loved by everyone in the city (No, not Magic Wok. No, not fortune cookies, they both don't exist in China.)

7/21 1.30am
Steak 'n Shake


Had a disappointing Triple Steakburger Sandwich at Steak n' Shake, even a junior bacon cheeseburger at Wendy's is a lot bigger. Excluding my mum and "chicago", I saw the first Chinese lady. She was having some action under the table with the white American dressed like those wanna-be Hog (Harley Davidson Owners Group) sitting opposite her. Not a good sight, I hid my camera in case JR wanted to take a picture of them.

7/21
I want my sushi back!

One of those typical Saturday mornings. Slept late, wake up in the morning in another person's house, head back home, sleep again. Then spent the day fishing with B.o.B's family. Didn't catch any, but hey, I wasn't really into catching a fish and not cooking it or eating it raw. Had dinner at the St. George's Festival, where they have a poor camel who clearly preferred the desert more than kids jumping on and off of him for 3 consecutive days.


7/22: Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio.



I'll hit you with a list of what we did.
Wicked Twister - Mo lost his voice after the first ride.
Power Tower - 2 chickened out, you know who you are.
Gemini - One of those very few times that it is normal for 2 guys to hold their hands.
Mean Streek - Imagine a vibrator, but it's in a shape of a cart and you sit inside it. My neck still hurts.
Thunder Canyon - I tried my best to not get soaked...
Snake River Falls - ...and gave up.
Magnum XL-200 - Wow
Maverick - WOOW
Millennium Force - WOOOOOOOOOW
Dragster - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (...lost my voice and the ride only lasted for 17 seconds)
Oh, I also tried what JR claimed to be one of the best fries in America. I agree......... NOT.

Thanks CH, B.o.B, Rennie and her family, JR, Mo, Chad, Ron for an amazing week!

Did I mention I just went to watch a baseball game last night? And there's going to be the Great Lake's Crew Concert tomorrow? Oh, there's also a basketball rim in the office where I work, and of course the crazy people at work are...well, crazy.

4 comments:

paperstop said...

Side is still one of my favourite songs :)

Juanjaime said...

Re beatrice: I don't agree with lyrics though.
My favorite is Why does it always rain on me.
Can't believe they didn't sell their new Album at the concert though. So disappointed, I could've had them sign it, hug it and kiss it!

chaubella said...

oooh, i bet travis sounds really good live (and acoustic)! you should introduce your brother to some of your rock music :)

i've been doing my own concert hopping on the west coast - rentals, smashing pumpkins, projekt revolution (linkin park and my chem romance). taking a break now...

Juanjaime said...

re chaubella: "Travis is for kids" my brother's words, in other words "everything James listens to is for kids".

Linkin Park!! I worry about Chester Bennington's voice though.