Friday 28 May 2010

On Body and Mind

On Mind
"Humans can never be idle, as when the body is idle, the mind is laboring."
----------- Michel Eyeguem de Montaigne (1533-1592), Essays

"It's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish."
----------- J R R Tolkien

On Body
“The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.”
----------- J R R Tolkien

"If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world."
----------- J R R Tolkien

On Body and Mind
"I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.
So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
----------- J R R Tolkien

"...there is a plague on Man, the opinion that he knows something." 
----------- Michel Eyeguem de Montaigne (1533-1592), Essays

No comments: