Saturday 5 September 2009

A Cute Devil

This little angel had a tough afternoon dodging the fangs of a dog set loose by the neighbours, being a stray cat all her life, with half of her right ear bitten off, she's quite used to big bullies and perfected the skill of fooling dumb dogs by hooping back and forth one tiny hole while the dog had to run up, down and around the slope to get to the other side of the hole.

Nonetheless, she was quite breathless when the dog owner finally got a hold of that piece of hyperactive saliva dripper. After the ordeal was over, I quietly stretched my legs beside her under a tree and gave her gentle strokes in order to calm her down. Without a warning, the little devil leaped onto my hand and gave me a few scratches.

The claws didn't go deep, so it wasn't very painful, but as I look at the scratch marks on my hand, I can't help but think that even if I knew what was coming, I would still gladly let her sink her claws onto my hand. How can you say no to dangerously beautiful things afterall?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some lovely things have claws
as much as some roses have thorns.

cute!