Saturday 11 April 2009

History

Being a history major, I am trained to look into the patterns of the past and predict the future. It seems relatively easy to do this with world events, revolutions, wars, corrupted governments, failed policies, epidemics, art, architecture, literature...

...but when it comes to my own history, my own development, my own progression, my rationality is clouded in a heavy mist of uncertainties...

George Santayana once said, 'The one who does not remember history is bound to live through it again".

I never thought I would come to this today, because if I did, I would have chosen a different path many years ago. Is this history repeating itself, or am I have a revolution with myself?

Regardless, I hear birds singing through the morning air and the music continues to loop.

No comments: